Metsä Board Sponsors SPA 2nd Online Conference
Metsä Board’s white kraftliners
100% focus on safe and sustainable white kraftliners
Metsä Board is a leading European producer of premium fresh fibre paperboards and a forerunner in sustainability. We produce white kraftliners for consumer goods packaging, retail-ready and food service applications and premium lightweight folding boxboards and food service boards We work together with our customers on a global scale to innovate solutions for better consumer experiences with less environmental impact. We are a prominent supplier, and the global leader in coated white kraftliners. Our mills are located in Finland and Sweden.
As marketing media becomes increasingly fragmented, and as sales of pre-packaged and online consumer goods and food grows, high-quality corrugated packaging is playing an ever-greater role. Retail-ready packaging is flourishing, and the importance of e-commerce is expanding rapidly. Pleasing aesthetics and sound environmental characteristics for this type of packaging is also vital to enhance the final consumer experience.
White kraftliners for high quality corrugated packaging
Metsä Board’s white kraftliners offer various design and structure options for corrugated retail ready, sales-enhancing packaging that performs equally well during transportation and at point of sale.
With the right liner choice, combined with Metsä Board’s know-how, customers can meet the most demanding packaging needs quickly, cost-efficiently, and responsibly. Metsä Board’s white kraftliners are made from fresh fibres and are suitable for packaging food and other sensitive products.
Metsä Board’s range of WKL are created to help speed up the product selection process:
- MetsäBoard Natural WKL is an uncoated white-top kraftliner suitable for flexo printing, available in a 135-200 g/m².
- MetsäBoard Natural WKL Bright is a fully bleached, uncoated white kraftliner suitable for flexo, offset and digital inkjet printing and available in 70-160 g/m², also as fluting.
- MetsäBoard Classic WKL is a coated white-top kraftliner specially designed for high-quality in-line and conventional flexo post-printing. It is available in 135-175 g/m².
- MetsäBoard Pro WKL is a double coated white-top kraftliner for flexo post print and digital inkjet printing, available in 130-200 g/m².
- MetsäBoard Prime WKL is a double coated white-top kraftliner suitable for flexo pre and post printing, offset and digital inkjet printing, available in 125-250 g/m².
Packaging solutions respecting nature
Our fresh fibre white kraftliners are made of renewable and recyclable wood fibres traceable to sustainably managed forests. All Metsä Board’s products are manufactured under the highest environmental and safety standards and the mills hold PEFCTM and FSC® chain of custody certifications. Mitigating climate change and working towards 100% fossil free mills by 2030 are at the core of Metsä Board’s sustainability targets.
Expert service and product innovation
To complement our white kraftliner portfolio, we offer expert services to boost our customer’s production and brand performance – ultimately bringing together packaging design services, global availability, strong technical services and R&D.
Our new Excellence Centre helps combine Metsä Board’s own competencies and expertise in fibre-based solutions with the knowhow of our wide partner network. The Excellence Centre offers tools and concepts to work together with our customers to innovate new packaging solutions.
Metsä Board’s wide portfolio of paperboards are known globally and are the trusted choice of customers and end users alike.
Further information on Metsä Board can be found at www.metsagroup.com