SPA encourages its members to subscribe to DEFRA Forum on EPR regulations
Department for Environment Food & Rural Affairs - Collections & Packaging Reforms:
Business Readiness Forum
A new Business Readiness Forum (BRF) has been set up to keep Industry informed of waste reforms and associated delivery projects. The Defra Collections and Packaging Reforms programme includes, Extended Producer Responsibility (EPR), Deposit Return Scheme (DRS) and Consistency.
This new two-way forum will be
- an opportunity for industry to hear updates and progress on the three projects
- an opportunity to discuss the delivery projects and help us understand what is required to make them work together
- an opportunity for businesses and representing bodies to ask questions, be part of testing proposals and guidance, research, inputting into policies etc.
As a reminder
- Extended Producer Responsibility is being delivered UK wide with the four nations working jointly to achieve this.
- The Deposit Return Scheme is being delivered together in England, Northern Ireland and Wales.
- The Consistency project is England only.
- The first Business Readiness Forum will take place on Tuesday 10 January at 10am to 11am via MS Teams.
- It will then be held fortnightly – times and dates to be confirmed.
- If you would like to attend, please register via this link.
- A full agenda for the meeting will be provided nearer the time.
- After the first meeting, you will have the opportunity to submit suggested topics for discussion or request an update at future forums.
We encourage businesses, representing bodies including trade associations and industry groups to join the forum and continue working with us to help delivering the collections and packaging reforms.
All are welcome and there are no restrictions on number of attendees.