The Sheet Plant Association (SPA) is the UK trade association that promotes the interests of the corrugated sheet plant sector.
The SPA co-ordinates and pursues joint action in respect of matters affecting the corrugated packaging industry, the Sheet Plant sector and the wider paper industry. It co-operates with associations having similar aims and objectives, not only in the UK, but also in Europe and the USA.
The SPA provides a forum for members involved in the corrugated cardboard sheet plant industry to meet and discuss matters of common interest with other companies engaged in that sector. The SPA hosts many Events during the year which include 3 Conferences, a biannual Trade Show, Industry Forums (e.g. BRCGS, Health & Safety) and weekly/monthly Zoom meetings for its members.
Watch this video to learn about the benefits of Sheet Plant Association membership.
The SPA promotes and encourages best practise amongst member companies, provides Training for industry specific skills and knowledge, and promotes co-operative working between member companies.
SPA Members have exclusive access to a number of Best Practice industry initiatives which include:
• BRCGS Packaging Standard and telephone Hotline
• Contract Law Ts & Cs, Customised Policies and Telephone Hotline
• Employment Law & HR Ts & Cs, Policies and Telephone Hotline
• FSC Certification
• Health & Safety Audit and Telephone Hotline
• R&D Tax Credit Scheme
• SPA Abaca Dashboard
• SPA Board Grade Calculator Application
• SPA Five Star Accreditation
• SPA Lean Manufacturing Programme
• SPA Sales Managers Masterclasses and Telephone Hotline